Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

active low pass filter amplifier dc problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDRookie

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm building a low pass filter with fully differential amplifier. For the fully differential amplifier, how could I prevent the input dc bias affect by the feedback loop? Should I add a dc decouple capacitor? Is there any method I don't have to add a dc decouple cap?

Thanks

By "input dc bias" do you mean DC on the input signal or amplifier input bias voltage?

If it's the former, and you know the value of the the DC voltage and you don't want to use a cap, you can just add an offset voltage.

By "input dc bias" do you mean DC on the input signal or amplifier input bias voltage?

If it's the former, and you know the value of the the DC voltage and you don't want to use a cap, you can just add an offset voltage.
sorry for the confusion, I mean the amplifier's input bias voltage. I build a fully differential amplifier with around 100dB open loop gain, when I connect the output to input, the output stage voltage affect the input bias voltage and the amplifier is not working anymore.
--- Updated ---

Please sketch the active filter topology you are trying to build.
The fully differential amplifier's schematic is similar to the figure below. Do I need to add dc bias decouple cap in front of IN- and IN+ pin?
Capture.PNG

The full low pass filter topology is shown below( please ignore the value on the schematic). The gain is about 10dB.

Capture2.PNG

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.