Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

AC-JTAG with Cadence or Synopsys products. Is it possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

maksya

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ac jtag

Does Cadence or Synopsys DFT products support the IEEE 1149.6 standard?

ac-jtag

Hi ,
I don't know about SYNOPSYS but CADENCE ENCOUNTER TEST arch doesn't support 1149.6 .I think no other tool have come up with dot6 implementaion as of now .
May be LOGIC VISION you can try .

Regards
Chandhramohan

ac-jtag comparator

No tool that I know of can built 1149.6 for you. The problem is that part of the circuitry has to been built into the Serdes (the comparator circuitry), and there is no standard on which portion of the 1149.6 boundary scan cell is built in to the Serdes macro, and which portion is not, so each Serdes vendor may give you a different interface to their 1149.6 boundary scan support.

ac jtag instructions

Hi ,
Now I think Synopsys have come up with 1149.6 implementation .We have a design in which Synopsys tool was used to implement dot6 .Since it's new it had issues regarding dot6 compliance .

Regards
Chandhramohan

what is ac-jtag

Hi Chandhramohan,

Thanks for pointing out Synopsys' new offering. I have checked the latest BSD compiler documentation and indeed I do see procedures to implement 1149.6. However, I can see that this implementation may work with some SerDes vendors, but not with others, at least some minor tweaks may be needed.
In any case, it is a very good start.
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back