Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Absolute value voltmeter error

Status
Not open for further replies.

lats

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all
m designing a voltmeter circuit which gives the absolute value of the input voltage (i.e , if the polarity at the input voltage side changes the output will be the same voltage with positive value).

the problem is the circuit works well with all the voltages (range -2V to +2 v) but when i give 0 volt at the input the output should give me 0 volt but m getting 146 mV output. the opamp i want to use is LM324 only .

Please help me out. how to correct this ?

This is offset voltage of your opamp.
Use offset null pin to make it zero if your opamp has this pin or use a opamp with this feature

I can use only LM324.

Because of cost factor and is compulsory requirement in this project

I dont think 146mv is a issue in a low cost design
There are many factors which contribute in such situations like offset voltage of a amplifier(it is output voltage that is present even at no input),noise effects and many more.

so what is the solution m asking.....???????

Added after 3 minutes:

thanks anyway i got the solution

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back