Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

About Setting the Alarm...

Status
Not open for further replies.

darthvader1

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello guys!

I have a project which is about digital alarm clock.I have achieved creating clock and vga parts.But now,i have an issue.I couldn't succeed how to set the time and alarm.I am using spartan 3E and i have thought that i can set the alarm and clock digit by digit.So,i have assigned 4 pins for summation and i gave its results to seven segment leds.However,when i use summation pins,it gives its results all leds and thats the reason why i cannot set alarm digit by digit.My main purpose in here is that when i press the switch button,it lights up one led and save the summation result to this specific led and do it for 4 leds.(Same idea for setting clock)

Anyone who has any idea about how to fix this problem or any suggestion for another way? thank you

Last edited:

A simple way to set the clock is to apply a faster clock than 1Hz to the seconds input counter. If you apply 60Hz, the minutes will advance once each second. With 3600Hz, the hours will advance once each second.

You could also apply a 1Hz clock select at the hours or minutes. You could use one switch to enable the fast clock to set the hours and a second switch to enable the fast clock to set the minutes.

thank you for your suggestion.I will continue my project by using this idea
A simple way to set the clock is to apply a faster clock than 1Hz to the seconds input counter. If you apply 60Hz, the minutes will advance once each second. With 3600Hz, the hours will advance once each second.

You could also apply a 1Hz clock select at the hours or minutes. You could use one switch to enable the fast clock to set the hours and a second switch to enable the fast clock to set the minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back