Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

about PLX PEX8311 - low local bus efficiency

Status
Not open for further replies.

leonqin

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
pex8311 + fpga

a pciexpress->Localbus Bridge

low local bus efficiency I got.

why?

when transfer data beteween pex8311 and local device(fpga),I sent ready signal to pex8311 ,but pex8311 abort the transfer after transfer about 100 words,and wait for times the time,it will transfer continue for 100 words ,and wait,,,, and so on.

pex8311 local bus bridge

Hi,

I have same problem.

Have You any result ?

George

Is any body know: I Direct Master mode, if ADS# assert low for the whole access time (instead of one LCLK),just us a CPU's chip select CS# line connect with it,what will happen?
can data phase be valid,or still remain in address phase?

Re: pex8311 + fpga

a pciexpress->Localbus Bridge

low local bus efficiency I got.

why?

when transfer data beteween pex8311 and local device(fpga),I sent ready signal to pex8311 ,but pex8311 abort the transfer after transfer about 100 words,and wait for times the time,it will transfer continue for 100 words ,and wait,,,, and so on.

Was this on a read or a write? make sure prefetch is setup right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back