Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

About differential I-V and EMC design

Status
Not open for further replies.

renti

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
In a motion control system, there is a control board and a server driver, between which, there are AI/AO/DI/DO signals
The requirement to the AO signals (from control board to server driver) are:
differential voltage signal
common mode voltage: 0V
differential mode voltage: 0V~ 10V
the set-up time (10%~90%) : 40ns ~ 120ns

Now to design the control board , I want use a FPGA.
For the AO mentioned above, I will use FPGA + differential current output DAC + differential I-to-V,
while for the other signals I will use optocoupler to realize electrical isolation.

My questions are:
1. To meet the set-up time, I will use AD5445 as the differential current output DAC, the 10% to 90% settling time is typically 15ns. I want a recommendation to the differential I-to-V circuit, so that the whole settling time requirement is satisfied.
2. As these AO signals are not electrically isolated, will it invalidate the effort of the electrical isolation of the other signal channel?
Thanks a lot!

Fully differential amplifiers are well suited as driver for differential analog signals.

Status
Not open for further replies.