Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

About Current Between Source and Ground

Status
Not open for further replies.

iruraz

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,

Here is the basic picture below about my question. If stickman had a 500Vdc battery and he touched its + terminal and his another hand connected to earth ground (there is no connection with - terminal), was there any current over him? I think its answer is NO, because there should be connection between + and - terminals for current. But I am not sure about that. You can suppose stickman as any load (resistor etc.). Thanks in advance and sorry for my ignorance.

Regards.

**broken link removed**

No current should flow, since it's an open circuit.

Last edited:

Its funny how people interpret one language in so many ways :smile:

I'll try to rephrase it to make it clearer: "Current will not flow".

For current to flow there must be a loop in the circuit back to the other side of the voltage source, in this case the battery. As there is no loop it is impossible for current to flow. Stickman is safe!

Brian.

Its funny how people interpret one language in so many ways :smile:

I'll try to rephrase it to make it clearer: "Current will not flow".

For current to flow there must be a loop in the circuit back to the other side of the voltage source, in this case the battery. As there is no loop it is impossible for current to flow. Stickman is safe!

Brian.

Brian,

You rephrase and make it clear. Thank you :)

Regards.

You meant: "No current should NOT flow"? I think you forgot "NOT" after should. Right?

You can't have a double negative.

Yay, we are learning both electronics and English :-D

You can't have a double negative.

Yay, we are learning both electronics and English :-D

I am so sorry :( I could not see my mistake if you did not emphasize. Thanks..

Regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back