Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

About assignment of floquetport for metamaterial

Status
Not open for further replies.

srbhoyar26

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all, I have confusion while choosing correct option of floquet port for metamaterial simulation. According to Delly (S(FloquetPort1:1,FloquetPort1:1) means S11 parameter. That two 1 1 numbers are used for naming the S parameter. If you select S( FloquetPort1:1,FloquetPort1:2)) that will be the S12 parameter.
As per sv1437 ,
" For wave returned from port 1 " - In general, you need to plot S(FloquetPort1,FloquetPort1). But since you have modes present, if you want to look at the reflection coefficient when FloquetPort1 is excited with mode 1, then plot S(FloquetPort1:1,FloquetPort1:1)

The meaning for this parameter is S(FloquetPort1:1,FloquetPort1:2) - You excited FloquetPort1 with mode 2 and measuring mode 1 at the same port

For Transmission S21 or S(FloquetPort2,FloquetPort1) - You need to plot S(FloquetPort2 : 1 ,FloquetPort1: 1) or S(FloquetPort2 : 2 ,FloquetPort1: 2) - Mode number should be the same.
My question is that if assignment is like S(FloquetPortA:B,FloquetPortC:D) then whether A and C indicate port or B and D which position of floquetport represent mode whether A and C or B and D. Please clarify.
Thank you.

i have the same query can any body resolve this?

Status
Not open for further replies.