Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

AA battery uneven discharge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bartart

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

Not sure that this topic fits in this forum anyway.
I have a strange discharge in my battery powered device (2x AA NiCd batteries in serial so Vmax 2.4V@ 2100mAh).

I found out that one of the rechargeable battery is empty and the other is still @ 1.15V this happened 4 times now. In past I didn't pay attention which is the empty one.

Does anyone has any idea what is going on and why one is empty and the other one still OK.

Thanks, S.

P.S. both batteries are new.

If you bought batteries from some e-bay chinese seller, go buy yourself some decent branded batteries.
First discharge the batteries, individually, down ti 1V per cell, then give them the full charge.

No the batteries are ok and they are from a known manufacturer.

My problem seams to be in the discharging of individual batteries. I got an idea to simulate the discharge just to see if the problem is in my device or is battery related.

My problem seams to be in the discharging of individual batteries. I got an idea to simulate the discharge just to see if the problem is in my device or is battery related.

Simulate what? Is there anything you didn't mention yet, e.g. a connection to the battery midpoint that draws some current?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back