Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

AA batteries reloader

Status
Not open for further replies.

rompelstilchen

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I got 8 reloadable NiMH 1.2V/1300mAh AA HR6 batteries in serie that I need to reload inside the appliance I built, I cant dismount everything to remove the batteries then put them back

but I don't know squat about batteries reloaders
the circuit needs to be inside the appliance, and I would plug a transfo through a power connecter or so

does anyone know if possible, how to do this ?
is there some specialized power IC to do that

On the battery itself, it says that I would have to provide 130mA for 16h

any help would be greatly appreciated

Hi,

is there some specialized power IC to do that
Why didn't you look for "NiMh charger circuit"?

Usually when charged while connected to the application, you don't have acces to the true charging current. This may cause problems. But if load current is small compared to charging current it should work.

Klaus

becos batteries are in circuit and in serial, I did not assume it was a standard way to do things

- - - Updated - - -

besides I want to use a manual/mechanical switch, the only constraint is that the case is closed, and the batteries are in serial

so I would have 130mA as a reload current but I dont know what voltage,
8x1.2V ? I cant find any info about that

Status
Not open for further replies.