Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A stipid question, yet need the and truely

Status
Not open for further replies.

aq_mishu

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Guys,
I know it's totally a stupid question here...

I am generating a 50-50 duty pulse wave at 1MHz. Thus it will give me a 500KHz Oscillation. (that's what i want, a 500KHz carrier). Now, as I'm generating it from CMOS, the OSC is in the range of 0-5v. It's not AC type, instead a pulse only. To make it +/- voltage like OSC, i am planning to scale the 0 voltage to -5. Thus +/- 5V OSC. Any ideas??? [I'm using arduino].

Also, the other way is scale down the whole pulse to 2.5V, thus 0 will be -2.5, 2.5 will be 0 and 5 will be 2.5.

But still, I prefer the +/-5V option.

A 1MHz signal with a 50% duty cycle is 1MHz, not 500KHz. As is a 1MHz signal with 1% duty cycle.

As far as level shifting this thing, you could use a capacitor so that your signal will be centered around zero. You will also need an amplifier if you want +/- 5 volts out.

About the amplifier option, can you give an example?? so that I can work with it.

LMH6642, e.g.

Look at the manufacturers websites for high-speed opamps: TI, Linear, Analog Devices....

You could probably also do this with a couple of BJTs/MOSFETS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back