Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A simple Question concerning code execution architecture

Status
Not open for further replies.

selpak

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I know there are levels of programming,
Like Visual Basic then Assembly then Machine language; Now as far as I know Machine language is a combination of 1s and 0s, or in other words ONs and OFFs; Hence that, why do we have to interpret Machine language into a more simple code such as ISA ( Intsruction Set Architecture ) then Microarchitecture, Isn`t OFFs and ONs language simple enough to be executed on digital circuits?

and I have an another question What is Microarchictecture in simple words? is it just like any language? like ISA, Assembly, Visual Basic? or is it more related to hardware that when you say the term "Microarchitecture" you mean a specific system or concept or something like that?

On the other hand, I have a question that have always confused me, and I wanted to know the answer since LONG time ago, The question is how is my name for example "Selpak", How is it represented as "electrons" on any storage device - lets say the hard disk of computers- ? {I`m not talking about bytes, I`m talk in terms of electrons, And I`m shooting to know how different data varies in terms of electrons to see how does it really work}

Thank you.
PS: I have to handle my research to my teacher tomorrow, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Added after 1 hours 21 minutes:

Lets say I want to make a proccessor that when i put some code it turns the light on and when i put some other code it turns the light off.
what programming languages do I need at most at this case? and what "Materials" do I need - Considering i`m a scientist that is making a device!- ?

i have some answers but it seems it has no utility since the deadline of your research is reached.

"i have some answers but it seems it has no utility since the deadline of your research is reached. "

its ok, please answer the questions now If u can do it, because I`d really like to know such info

On simpler processors the instructions are executed strictly in hardware, just the flipping of switches. Once a processor gets more complicated you need micro-code working beneath the opcode instruction to do everything. That is why a Pentium processor can do 64 bit floating point math in something like 30 machine cycles even though the code takes over a thousand cycles to do that kind of a math operation. I believe someone has created a 32 bit ARM processor that does not use microcode, it does it strictly in hardware which would be quite an achievement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back