Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A simple Microstrip simulation in ADS Momentum Vs CST

Status
Not open for further replies.

saq_kaleem

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

Is it necessary to have similar S11 parameter of a 50Ohms Microstrip line if simulation is setup correctly in either CST, Mom or using ADS Analytical Models.

My observation suggest the Analytical results to yield the best S11 curves, then MoM and then CST. But the behavior should nearly be the same, which is not the case in my settings.

Analytical Models can provide results near to -50dB matching while CST could only provide below -35dB matching. I dont know exactly where this huge difference comes from, even using the same substrate and boundary conditions. The layout results are also quite debatable. Anyone having done such simulation with simple 50Ohms microstrip line in ADS MoM or CST?

Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.