Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A question about LED Display Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

arm_learner

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,

Now, I am doing a LED Display Board. From the method of scanning for implementing the picture, I have a question.

- 60Hz (16ms) per picture
- 5 Rows (3.3ms per row)

Q1: Do I need to apply more than 5 times operating current for LED more brightness? because the brightness is too weak.

Thanks!

May be the answers useful for you :
1. Do u have back-light.
2. From I observed I see the LED board which This board have the small size LED is very beautiful(light)more than the big size LED and the blackground is black colour.

saowaluck said:
May be the answers useful for you :
1. Do u have back-light.
2. From I observed I see the LED board which This board have the small size LED is very beautiful(light)more than the big size LED and the blackground is black colour.

So, I apply the normal operation current is ok?

Thanks

Hi,

I think you can apply a current value that do not exceed the led's peak current (see led's datasheet) and which give a average value equal to the normal current value.

For example, if led normal current is 10mA and led is on 3.3ms every 16ms, this give a value of ((16ms/3.3ms) * 10mA) = 48.5mA . With this value, average current is equal to 10mA. Check if 48,5mA is not over the led's peak current.

well minimum refreshing rate of a group of leds (rows/columns) should be atleast 50Hz. on time of column/row depends on no. of columns/rows.

for column by column multiplexing,
for 60 columns
each should have 50hz
so total period =20ms
on time of a column=20ms/60=333us
since each column has duty cycle of 1/60th average current =peak current/60

so for 60mA peak current; average current is 1mA

also you can't exceed max.peak current rating of leds

big aussie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search