Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A question about FFT transform

Status
Not open for further replies.

savage67

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear friends, the question below asked in my latest signal processing exam. I have no idea about it and i could not find any solution in literature. Could you please help me finding out the answer. Actually i believe that i am quite good at signal processing until this question.

A voltage signal is sampled digitally in the laboratory at three different sampling frequencies, and FFTs are performed on the sampled data. In all cases, 512 data points are taken. Here is a record of the observations:
‒ Data sampled at 115 Hz: A peak appears in the frequency spectrum at 2 Hz, with amplitude close to 3.0 V. Another peak appears in the frequency spectrum at 45 Hz, with amplitude close to 1.0 V.
‒ Data sampled at 280 Hz: A peak appears in the frequency spectrum at 48 Hz, with amplitude close to 3.0 V. Another peak appears in the frequency spectrum at 95 Hz, with amplitude close to 1.0 V.

Question: What are most likely the true frequencies (and their corresponding amplitudes) in the voltage signal.

Status
Not open for further replies.