Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A question about clock recover circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josephchiang

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,Dear all

The following diagram is my circuit design.

clock data recovery.png

The data communication is achieved by resonant wireless transmission.

Both input and output resonant circuit should be tune to equal frequency for maximum power transmission(13.56MHz in this application).

A precisely stable clock source act as the reference clock and I want to use this known precise clock signal to count the transmitted input signal.

What should I do to avoid any distortion of sine wave signal because any interference may lead to error calculation by counter?

By the way, this application is asynchronous transmission hence don't need to align the phase of receive signal with reference signal.

Does clock recover circuit is good way to deal this problem or have any other aid circuit exist?

Any help is deeply appreciate.

Thanks

It's quite mysterious why you should need a clock recovery circuit. Usually passive 13.56 MHz transceivers (e.g. RFID tags) are clocked by the received carrier directly.

It's quite mysterious why you should need a clock recovery circuit. Usually passive 13.56 MHz transceivers (e.g. RFID tags) are clocked by the received carrier directly.

Thanks for your reply.

The reason I need a counter in the receiver to count the input clock is that there are three different carrier frequency in the transmitter and the difference between them is quite small(Eg. 13.46MHz 13.56MHz, 13.66MHz). Hence the power was transmitted by the same resonant circuit. I try to utilize the stable clock source which built on chip and counter to distinguish which carrier frequency was transmitted now?

Sorry, my native language is not English. If you still feel little confused about it. I will try my best to make it as clear as possible.

It's a basic frequency counting problem. You need sine to square wave conversion, e.g. by a comparator with hysteresis, but no clock recovery.

It's a basic frequency counting problem. You need sine to square wave conversion, e.g. by a comparator with hysteresis, but no clock recovery.

Sorry, I don't notice your reply immediately.

Thank for your advice. I think that the thing is easier than my expect

what ever, thank you for your favor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back