Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

a question about Cgs and Csg in the circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

tanghua_0407

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
when i do the simulation with the circuit ,the Cgs and Csg of the transistor are not equal ,why??

how do you get Csg?
In .lis file, there is oly Cgs information.

tanghua_0407 said:
when i do the simulation with the circuit ,the Cgs and Csg of the transistor are not equal ,why??

A short question. are you sure thery are not equal? Or you have by any chance a different parasitic with respect to the substrate when you look from the gate or from the source? The reason I am asking these is that in any case they should be equal, but having different pqarasitics with respect to GND. U can see this in power technologies often

The Bsim3v3 transistor model uses complex equations to solve the capacitances. Even the charge disribution in the channel can be different depending on the process and the options u choose. The capacitance is calculated as Cgs= ΔQg/ΔVs and Csg= ΔQs/ΔVg. Hence they vary in their magnitude. The more better approximation seems to measure at gate is Cgg=ΔQg/ΔCg, which is the summation of all. I am not quite sure and if somebody finds it wrong, please correct me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back