Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

8051 based make a circuit like cd4017/to blink led

Status
Not open for further replies.

rohansinha2000

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
org 0h
start:
Setb P0.0;
call delay;
Clr P0.0
setb p0.1
delay1s:
mov r6,#10
x5: call delay100ms
djnz r6,x5
ret
rectify this code to blink 2 leds with 555 timer.555 is connected with p3.7 of at89c2051.
that 555 is controlling externally the blinking rate.the 50k preset is connected with ne555. that preset is main controller to increase decrease of blinking speed.
actually i want to make a circuit like 4017 and 555.that 4017 is controlled by 555ic.

Unless you want to use 555 as an LED driver with 100mA sink/source capability I don’t see any reason why would you use a microcontroller and then 555 ..
Microcontroller such as 8051 can switch on and off quite a number of LEDs and an external timer is not needed ..
Btw. this code is incomplete, so it’s difficult to talk about it’s modification, at this moment it just doesn’t make sense ..

IanP
:|

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
i do not want to use 555 as a switche. actually i want to control the blinking rate of leds. like cd4017 ic's blinking rate of leds are controlled by ne555 ic.

that is my motto to make such circuit with the help of at89c2051.

is any one can help me out?

the ne555 will attached with at89c2051 in pin no p3.7

what is the asm code for it?

hi, rohan your code doesn't seen to be complete check my project, you can control 6 LED speed, blinking in different fashion, through ic 555.

regards
kj

what is the function of that 3 switches

Added after 3 minutes:

#00100001B
#00100001A
can u just tell me which code is use for which port?
port0
port1
port2
port3

Added after 2 hours 44 minutes:

can any one give me a easy format of asm code?
i shall design it himself.

example;
org oh
port number of connection 555 with code;
starting design point
end of design code
declaration of delay
end

the switch at p3.3 is used to select a particular design and at port 1 is used to control 3led's or 4 led;s or 6.

the basic logic is timer0 is used in interrupt for 1s delay and timer1 as counter which count the signal coming from ic 555 through p3.5. for every second that is during timer interrupt the micro controller count the number and sets according the timing delay for led.

Code:
CALL DLTOR
	CALL DLTOR
	CALL DLTOR
	CALL DLTOR
	CALL DRTOL
	CALL DRTOL
	CALL DRTOL
	CALL DRTOL
	CALL DRTOL
	CALL DINC
	CALL DINC
	CALL DALT0
	CALL DALT0
	CALL DALT0
	CALL DALT0
	CALL DALT0
	CALL DALT0
	CALL DALT0
	CALL DALT1
	CALL DALT1
	CALL DALT1
	CALL DALT1
	CALL DALT1
	CALL DDEC
	CALL DDEC
	CALL DDOU
	CALL DDOU
	CALL DDOU
	CALL DDOU
	CALL DDOU
	CALL DALTO2
	CALL DALTO2
	CALL DALTO2	
	CALL DTHREE
	CALL DTHREE
	CALL DTHREE
	CALL DALL
	CALL DALL
these funtions are different led sequence, before turning on the led the switch position will checked to control 3, 4 or 6 led or to run in a particular design is checked. after transfering the data to the led port2 the delay will be selected according the last timer interupt value.

source code and hex file attached
regards
kj

i understand that code.it is cool.

but i need a simple code of asm about that matter.
objective:
1) need to blink a single led continuously
2) drive that led by at89c2051
3) blinking rate controlled by ne555(the preset variable resistance will change the blinking rate increase or decrease)
4) ne 555 ic pin no 3 is connected with 2051 p3.7
5) it is simple to use and make.
6) need just a simple asm code bkz i am new in that field so trying to make a simple circuit and code.

Added after 2 minutes:

hi welove8051
thanks for your code.plz help me that above circumstances.
can u give me your mail id.i shall send u my problem elaborately.
then u will understand that.

Added after 2 hours 32 minutes:

my actual project is to make a circuit to blink a single led with at89c2051 and ne555.
i am able to make fixed delay/timer. which helps a fixed blinking rate.
but i am not able to make variable blinking rate with the help of ne555.
my fixed blinking code is:
org 0000h
start:Clr P0.1
setb P0.1
ljmp start;
delay: mov R1,#0FFH
del1: mov R2,#0FFH
del2: djnz R2,del2
djnz R1,del1
ret
end
.............................that is working fine with fixed blinking rate............................
plz give me a easy asm code.

hello, asm=a51 just change the extension to asm. and why are u connecting the ic 555 t p3.7. u can change my actual code to suit your application, just spend some time to understand it, u can able to do that.

regards
kj

hi:-|
it is quite easy to blink a led using microcontroller.you just need a simple circuit and code.there are a lot of sites offering you the complete guidance for it.you can also find it here.
engineersgarage.com/microcontroller/8051projects/interface-leds-AT89C51
mike

hi:-it is quite easy to blink a led using microcontroller.you just need a simple circuit and code.there are a lot of sites offering you the complete guidance for it.you can also find it here. engineersgarage.com/microcontroller/8051projects/interface-leds-AT89C51 mike
As a newbie here in EDA, and all your posts are pointing to the said website. But for your information, it requires registration to view the schematics or download the codes. Thus if you can post the codes and schematics here it will benefit a lot members who do not want a new registration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back