Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

8 AVR controllers using serial programming method

Status
Not open for further replies.

picforall007

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi friends,
I am new to AVR. Recently I programmed 8 AVR controllers using serial programming method. But now I can't reprogram them. I am using ponyprog200 for programming...

Anyone can help me....

Thanks.

Re: AVR Programmer trouble

Did you program the fuses incorrectly? This is often a problem with the avr mcu's. Sometimes you can do everything right, and still have trouble if your programmer is home made.

I got a programmer here:
**broken link removed**
that repairs the fuses back to the way it came from ATMEL.
It works good, and easy.

IMO Maybe you program fuses incorrectly..you need parallel high voltage programmer to correct the fuse setting..CMIIW

AVR Programmer trouble

hi picforall (arun , I know his name).
I think u can use a 500khz oscillator to fix this problem. But I am not sure abt that. because I am currently using a parallel programmer.....

U can generate this freq. by toggling IO pin of other MC...

You should get a new chip and test the programmer and see if you can program it. If you can program then you have probably gone wrong with the fuse bits. You can correct fuse bits as mentioned above. And if you cant program then you should check the COM port settings on Ponyprog (I am assuming your programmer hardware hasn't been tampered with)
cheers

Roy

Status
Not open for further replies.