Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

5V to 3.3 V level shifter

Status
Not open for further replies.

ranakashif

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,
I want to shift 5v signal to 3.3 v using 6n137 IC. please tell me the circuit of 6n137. Thanks in advance.

The 6n137 is an optoisolator. You can put 5 volts (with a dropping resistor) on the LED side of the opto, and then use 3.3V as the collector voltage on the output side.

I did this but on output side there there is no voltage. can u tell me that which pin should be given 3.3v?

NO pin should given 3.3 v. You need to have a resistor going from 3.3 v to the collector.

What kind of signal is it? If you are using an opto-coupler then that would indicate the 5V side will always drive the 3.3V side. If you do not need electrical isolation (separate grounds), just use a resistor voltage divider to knock the 5V to 3V. Probably cheaper and will consume less power.

Status
Not open for further replies.