Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] 500k pulses

Status
Not open for further replies.

raman00084

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
My servo drive accepts maximum of 500 kilo pulse per second.
My doubt is 500k pulses per second =500 kilo hz

For comparison my radio-controlled airplane had servos ($20-30 type) which ran on 50 frames per second from a radio transmitter(command pulses or bunch of command pulses). That speed seems sufficient for R/C pilots. It's fast enough to respond for human purposes yet slow enough to be reliable in unknown environments (example, adjacent radio channels in use).

For 50 Hz frame rate the time between frames is 20 mSec.
5 & 0 has two digits similar to your figure of 500k.

Your servo drive could be more sophisticated particularly if you need for it to respond quickly (to machine sensors or machine commands or fast moving equipment). Or maybe you operate not by radio but via direct electrical hookup. Or paid more money for a deluxe model?

For comparison my radio-controlled airplane had servos ($20-30 type) which ran on 50 frames per second from a radio transmitter(command pulses or bunch of command pulses). That speed seems sufficient for R/C pilots. It's fast enough to respond for human purposes yet slow enough to be reliable in unknown environments (example, adjacent radio channels in use).

For 50 Hz frame rate the time between frames is 20 mSec.
5 & 0 has two digits similar to your figure of 500k.

Your servo drive could be more sophisticated particularly if you need for it to respond quickly (to machine sensors or machine commands or fast moving equipment). Or maybe you operate not by radio but via direct electrical hookup. Or paid more money for a deluxe model?
This is not rc servo. This is industrial ac servo drive that run in Pulse train mode

Is this a stepper pulse buffered to seek another position? Stepper buffers usually handle this speed. (100 KHz to 500 kHz to 1MHz)

I assume this is converted to analog position control.

Give all your h/w links and a block diagram

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back