Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

5 wire unipolar stepper motor issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

maham ahmed

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i am striving to drive my 5 wire unipolar stepper motor through microcontroller...i am using driving ic l293dd.
my motor model is Em 284 ,178936 ,stp.42D221-01. i have searched alot about this motor on the internet but i couldn't find any specification.
now i am giving a pwm signal generated by pic 16f877a to both of the enable pins of l293dd ic and both enable pins are short.

Frequency of the pwm signal is 1.22khz and duty cycle is almost 36 %.

At this motor is taking steps but it is missing the steps and is not running smoothly and is causing vibrations.

is there any probllem with the pwm signal's freuency or duty cycle ?
can i give pwm signal like this?or should i give 5 v constant to both the enable pins.

why motor is missing the steps??
Also my l293dd heats up during working.

plz help me out ......

I'm not sure you want to drive the enable pin with your PWM; I think you want to apply the PWM to the driver inputs. (But I could be wrong).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back