Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

4S Lipo Battery charging while in use

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrefleitao

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi.

I have a 4S 8000mAh LiPo battery from Hobbyking and i'd like to integrate it in a system where the battery would be powering a load (up to 80A discharging, typical 40A) and i'd like to charge the 4S LiPo battery while the system is working. Is it possible? I wanted to have the charging board inside my system. I justed wanted a DC cable to plug and charge the system (even when in use).

I found things like this: http://www.batterysupports.com/12v-1...tem-p-245.html

But i don't know if this is what i need for charging or if this is just a protection.

Balancing will be required, also overcharge (high voltage) protection.

Discharge protection (overcurrent and low voltage) depending on your application.

Balancing will be required, also overcharge (high voltage) protection.

Discharge protection (overcurrent and low voltage) depending on your application.

Thanks FvM. But is there anything commercially available?
The cellphones can be used while charging so i thought something for multicell packs would also exist.

Last edited:

The problem isn't particularly brought up by charging during operation. The question is how you generally intend to charge the battery, how balancing and charge control should be performed.

Yes i understand. I thought Texas or Linear Technology had some solution for this. I can only find chinese websites but they don't have clear information.

Yes, TI and Linear have building blocks for battery managment systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.