Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

3rd Generation i5 vs 4th Generation i3 Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yosmany325

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone. I´m planning to buy a new laptop for general purpose use, i.e. Programming and Electronic Design (use of Xilinx Tools, Matlab, Altium Designer) and maybe some 3D modelling (Sketchup or similar). The issues is about selecting between a Core i5 of 3rd generation (Intel® Core™ i5-3230M Processor (3M Cache, up to 3.20 GHz) BGA) and a Core i3 of 4th generation (Intel® Core™ i3-4000M Processor (3M Cache, 2.40 GHz)). I have seen the difference with respect to operating frequency but also I´ve read this is not only a truthful measure of performance.

Please if anyone can help me with this I will be very grateful. Thanks in advance. Yosmany325.

https://ark.intel.com/compare/72056,75104

This link contains a comparison between both processors.

Hello everyone. I´m planning to buy a new laptop for general purpose use, i.e. Programming and Electronic Design (use of Xilinx Tools, Matlab, Altium Designer) and maybe some 3D modelling (Sketchup or similar). The issues is about selecting between a Core i5 of 3rd generation (Intel® Core™ i5-3230M Processor (3M Cache, up to 3.20 GHz) BGA) and a Core i3 of 4th generation (Intel® Core™ i3-4000M Processor (3M Cache, 2.40 GHz)). I have seen the difference with respect to operating frequency but also I´ve read this is not only a truthful measure of performance.

Please if anyone can help me with this I will be very grateful. Thanks in advance. Yosmany325.

https://ark.intel.com/compare/72056,75104

This link contains a comparison between both processors.

both the procseesor will have same performance in your intended application.

the have very small difference .

but the ultimate result you will feel is in the final laptop which has a chipset and the processor .

it all depends on the final laptop you choose and not in the said processors.

processor wise both are more are less equal.

both the procseesor will have same performance in your intended application.

the have very small difference .

but the ultimate result you will feel is in the final laptop which has a chipset and the processor .

it all depends on the final laptop you choose and not in the said processors.

processor wise both are more are less equal.

Thank you very much for your answer, it really helped me too much. :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.