Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

3G video call using microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

r_guna_sekar

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi everyone

i want to make a video call through any 3G phone using microcontroller (PIC)

can somebody suggest me a 3G phone

*that Phone should be communicate with microcontroller easily (RS232)

You cannot do it with PIC as it does not meet the specification of video streaming, unless you talk of 32 bit PIC....

Its better you go for ARM as it supports more co-processor and other peripherals...

---------- Post added at 19:49 ---------- Previous post was at 17:55 ----------

My understanding is you use PIC just to send AT command and you want to interface 3G phone to controller and just give command for video calling... Is it correct? If yes then you can connect 3g phone to any controller, but if you a\want to do it as a stand alone then you need and higher end processor.. that's what i meant to say..........or your requirement is different...

You cannot do it with PIC as it does not meet the specification of video streaming, unless you talk of 32 bit PIC....

Its better you go for ARM as it supports more co-processor and other peripherals...

---------- Post added at 19:49 ---------- Previous post was at 17:55 ----------

My understanding is you use PIC just to send AT command and you want to interface 3G phone to controller and just give command for video calling... Is it correct? If yes then you can connect 3g phone to any controller, but if you a\want to do it as a stand alone then you need and higher end processor.. that's what i meant to say..........or your requirement is different...

thanks for your reply..

i can use any microcontroller/processor

but my issue is, i cant find a 3G phone which has RS232/UART or any other easy interface with controller
please help me on this issue....

I dont think you will get 3G phone with UART connector, as most of the new devices are having USB which is more popular nowdays.
But you can get USB to RS232 converter easily available, in most of the electronic devices shops or you can ordrer it online. you will get it within 200-300INR. (4-6$)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back