Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

3d inductance, capacitance, resistance software

Status
Not open for further replies.

dvtruongson

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
3d capacitance software

Dear everyone,

Please help me to recommend the abovementioned software. I need to get one for a complex metal wiring design.

Thank you very much

Static3D solver of **broken link removed**. Ideal for wiring.

thanks e_m_c for your recommendation, but does your company provide any free evaluation package?

dvtruongson said:
Dear everyone,

Please help me to recommend the above mentioned software. I need to get one for a complex metal wiring design.

Thank you very much

There are many different software tools allowing extraction of capacitance and/or resistance and inductance (both free and commercial tools).

The choice would depend on the answers to the following questions:

- how "complex" is your layout (please note that what's "complex" for one tool may be "trivial" for another tool) - i.e. how many nets, min feature size, max size of the nets, etc.

- what accuracy you would like to achieve?

- do you need just C, or C and R (i.e. distributed RC), or C and R and L?

- acceptable simulation/extraction time?

- acceptable cost of the software?

dvtruongson said:
thanks e_m_c for your recommendation, but does your company provide any free evaluation package?

Sure. You can easily request it sending email with some information about your application area to info@emcos.com.

timof said:
dvtruongson said:
Dear everyone,

Please help me to recommend the above mentioned software. I need to get one for a complex metal wiring design.

Thank you very much

There are many different software tools allowing extraction of capacitance and/or resistance and inductance (both free and commercial tools).

The choice would depend on the answers to the following questions:

- how "complex" is your layout (please note that what's "complex" for one tool may be "trivial" for another tool) - i.e. how many nets, min feature size, max size of the nets, etc.

- what accuracy you would like to achieve?

- do you need just C, or C and R (i.e. distributed RC), or C and R and L?

- acceptable simulation/extraction time?

- acceptable cost of the software?
Hi timof,

Thank you very much for your response,
1. Would you please tell me what free software can I use? I curerntly use Fasthenry for R/L extraction and fastcap for C but we need a more precise one to extrace R, C and L at the same time.
2. Accuracy, speed and net size approximately similar to fasthenry are OK, I think.
3. We want to simulate a stacked device.
4. IF possible, please let me a few options of package

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back