Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

3 V DC regulator for microcontroller power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

ark5230

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
What is the commonly used 3V DC power supply to be used for Microcontrollers and similar devices requiring regulated 3V DC.

since 5v is usuall used for oyher purposes ,
a 5to3v low drop regulator is usually used .

Linear Technology has such regulators.

srizbf
15thmay2010

I don’t think there is one commonly used regulator for 3V systems, it’s personal choice and the number of devices available on the market is huge ..

On similar subject, here is an appnote from Microchip:
3V Tips ‘n Tricks
http://www.siongboon.com/projects/2006-01-08_more_circuit_schematic/3V%20Tips%20'n%20Tricks,%2041285A.pdf

Give it a read ..

IanP
:D

ark5230

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
3.3 volt is highly used for microcntrollers, and 3.3 volt fixed regulators are used to regulate the same. For bieng simple, a resistor and zener combination with a transistor may also work fine.
Cheers

hai,

better u design with adjustable voltage regulators like LM317.vary the values of resistors and get the voltage whatever u want!

NOTE:VIN>(1.5 + Vout).

regards
karthikeyan

BurnOut_tesla said:
LM1117 is a good choice for fixed 3.3V (1 amp)
Hi,
NO, sorry, it CAN NOT WORK! :-(
An LM 317 need min. 2V, typically 2.5 up to 3V for dropout...:cry: :cry:
You can have some output voltage, its very possible, but it will not be stabilized_its all!
You can have moderner (LDO similar_ i.e. the LM317 pincompatible LT1117) versions with i.e.1.5V Udrop_it will work, but not the traditional versions, pls do study datasheets in detail & extrems.
Greetings!
K.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back