Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

3 coupled inductors equivalent model

Status
Not open for further replies.

SK245230

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I am trying to draw the equivalent model of more than 2 coupled inductors.
For two coupled inductors, the equivalent model is the one below.
Fig-3-Equivalent-circuits-of-inverse-coupled-inductor.png

For two inductors coupled to a third one, I have found this:
sdzee.png
This circuit was found with the formulas from here and by neglecting M23:
**broken link removed**

If some of you could help me to find a better circuit than this and that includes M23. Maybe someone knows the rule of how to draw these coupled inductors equivalent models of more than 2 inductors.

For more than 2 coupled inductors and additional circuit components, I believe no one draws a useless equivalent circuit. Use only equations and if the circuit is very big, go to mesh analysis directly.

- - - Updated - - -

In your first picture, number of turns make sense only in transformers, not in coupled inductors. In coupled inductors Mutual inductance is used.

Provided as-is, an empirical model of a 3-phase choke.

3ph choke.gif

The dots seem wrongly placed to me. L1b,L2b,L3b should have had their dots at the U,V,W side.

You can set up the model with reversed Lxb inductors and flipped K polarity if you like. As said it's an empirical model. The circuit elements are adjusted to reproduce the actual measurements of a three phase choke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back