Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

25Mhz switch/Multiplexer

Status
Not open for further replies.

explorick

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I wanted to input two digital signals (bus) each of 12 bit wide to a device and output one of them based on a select input. The maximum frequecy on the bus could be 25MHz. Is there a digital logic family that satisfies this requirement( Like switch/multiplexer ). As of my knowledge I could use a tristate buffer on the two lines and tie the outputs of the tristate buffer together. Otherway is to use a FPGA and program it as per the need.
Please let me know if you have any other solutions thats economical.
Please excuse: I posted this one in digital section but there is no response, so I am posting here.

Hi,
Here is one (5V)possibility :): **broken link removed**
They have in 3.3V versions some similars too...
K.

explorick

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
karesz,
Thanks for your suggestion

Added after 3 hours 30 minutes:

I had a look on other devices and found 74AC157. I can use 3 such devices. But here the propagation dealy is 13ns. Will it be ok if I transmit a digital bus line that operates at 25Mhz?

Hi,
I think, these is a system-timing question...
If you dont have a back/handshaking (or retour)signal_I dont see some problem.
K.

Status
Not open for further replies.