Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

240v (ac) to 12v (dc) converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

bend wh0nx

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
240v to 12v converter

meet again guys,,,,,

here comes the most electronics beginners

nah,,,having a problem again,,,,
i'm using a dc power supply (9 volt battery) 4 da time being...
instead of using a 9 volts battery,,,,
i'd like to convert it to ac power supply (240v),,,,
any ideas?

big thanx if u guys could provide me with the schematic
daaa,,,,thanx

ben

Added after 9 minutes:

nah guys,,,,is it possible using this schematic,,,instead of having two output,,,i just choose the 15v output,,,,

240vac to 12vdc circuit

curious,,,,about the diode....can i used the normal diode for the circuit or do i need a specific type of diode meeting some criteria for the it?.

12 vdc neon light schematic

another question,,,,what is the value of the capacitor being used after the transformer??

240v ac to 12v dc converter

The diodes need to be able to pass the average DC current. A 1N4001 diode has an average current rating of 1A like the 7805 regulator.

The 2200uF output capacitor is much too big. The datasheet for the uA7805 regulator recommends only 0.1uF.

240ac to 12 dc circuit

owh thanx,,,1 more question,,,,what is the part name used below the 100K resistor?

ac to dc converter diode schematic

bend wh0nx said:
what is the part name used below the 100K resistor?
It is an old neon light bulb. It lights dimly when the voltage is 65V or more and the 100k resistor limits its current.

240 to 12v converter

ow,,,ic,,,thanx,,,really appreciate it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back