Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

2 Cell phone chargers in series to make 10V

Status
Not open for further replies.

areebaa

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I would like to make 10V from two 5V cell phone chargers to power the portable small fan and ultrasonic transducer of humidifier. So, can i connect the outputs of cell phone chargers in series to make 10V.
thanks

Hi,
I would like to make 10V from two 5V cell phone chargers to power the portable small fan and ultrasonic transducer of humidifier. So, can i connect the outputs of cell phone chargers in series to make 10V.
thanks

without knowing how the grounds of each charger is connected internally , you cannot connect them in series.

without knowing how the grounds of each charger is connected internally , you cannot connect them in series.
5VTO10V.png

i mean in this way as shown in picture

is there any connection between mains and -ve dc supply terminals internally ?

1st you remember and chek two chargers are identical one means its current ratings are same,voltage rating can be variable by placing 4148 or any diode in bet +ve of first and -ve gnd of second you can archive 10 v

no it is isolated i think

- - - Updated - - -

is there any connection between mains and -ve dc supply terminals internally ?

- - - Updated - - -

make sure that.
then you can treat it as in your fig as two 5v batteries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back