Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

1D signal compare - elastic matching?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TurboPC

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi gurus,

I used to do signal compare using elastic matching when I was at the university. That's 20 years ago. I do not remember much.

I have 2 uni-dimentional signals I want to compare. For some reasons, the signals could be partly stretched or compressed and it is not possible to match all the points between the 2 signals. The non-linearity stretching is not uniform.

If I remember correctly, the elastic matching technique can be used to match such signals. I need the equations on how to do this. It has something to do with finding the lowest energy path...

Any help or pointers is appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi TurboPC!

I think, there exists another ways to compare such a two signals, as you presented. If such signals stretched or compressed not much you can use simple DFT (FFT) and compare than their (frequency) images.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back