Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

18F8720 programming using the warp13A programmer

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahgu

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
18f8720 programmer

Any one had experience with programming ICSP with this new PIC? 18f8720? I am using the warp13A programmer. The pic-start does not support the chip. I hope I can get it working using in-circuit programming using the warp13a.

thanks
ahgu

Hello,

I'm using ICD2 - it supports all 18Fxxx chips.
Are you sure that PicStar with latest upgrade of the firmware will not program the chip?

Regards
Luben

hello

It doesn, but I am not using picstart, I am using the ICSP off the WARP 13A . The author is still debugging thru all this.

Where did you get your ICD? How much?

Hello,

In Bulgaria ICD2 costs about 200$. I was one of the first who bought the ICD here. Unfortunately MPLAB has so many bugs.

I tried to get the scheme of ICD2, but it's more complicated, then ICD (I made several ICD by myself).

Without debugger it's almost impossible to make big projects quickly.

Luben

Re: 18F8720 programming?

Hi, ahgu

Could you upload the files, schematics or photo (back PCB) of Warp-13a programmer ?
Thanks,

Gari

Re: 18F8720 programming?

If you own an "old" ICD1 you can upgrade it with the firmware of CCS ICD-S to enable ICSP programming the latest 12, 16 and 18 PIC series.

Has been posted here a few times :)

best regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back