Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[PIC] 16F877A multiplication of a fixed multiplier to an input

Status
Not open for further replies.

RannieKnows

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Good day! I wasn't able to find an assembly code (using MPLAB) here regarding multiplication of a fixed number to an input in PORTC. Our assignment asked us to have a fixed multiplier of 3 and when we input a value on RC, it will produce the answer to seven segment display.

Same with our other assignment, DIVISION with one number fixed.

PIC16F877A

Thank you and Godbless!

If you want to multiply by three simply rotate the number left one place and add the original number. For division do the reverse. You will not learn if we do your homework for you.

Thanks still! I already finished my assignment 2months ago. I just wanted to ask for new solutions.

I used repetitive addition then and the RLF function for multiplication & i'm sure there are other solns possible.
Same with division.

Godbless you pjmelect.

Status
Not open for further replies.