Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

110vdc to 110vac sine wave inverter using pwm and mosfets

Status
Not open for further replies.

vedantam

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to build a dc-ac inverter with the following specs:
110V DC input
110V AC output
110VA

The output should be a pure sine wave.
can anybody help me to achive this

can anybody pls post the schematics

Consider a H-bridge (4 MOSFETs with level shiftings drivers as IR21xx), an output inductor, possibly an additional low pass filter and a PWM control circuit.

Re: 110vdc to 110vac sine wave inverter using pwm and mosfet

thank you FVM for your information.
but iam new to design of inverters, can u pls tell me the flow steps to design

FvM said:
Consider a H-bridge (4 MOSFETs with level shiftings drivers as IR21xx), an output inductor, possibly an additional low pass filter and a PWM control circuit.

Hi vedantam,

For sine wave inverter with 110VAC output, you need an input DC voltage of 170V. If you cannot obtain this and are limited to 110VDC, you will need a DC-DC converter to step up the 110VDC to 170VDC.

Next comes the H-Bridge / Full- bridge whichever you call it. This will consist of 4(or more in parallel) MOSFETs / IGBTs driven by a high-low side driver such as IR2110 / IR2113 / L6385 or similar.

You would need an input pulse, that is sinusoidal PWM (SPWM), implemented either with microcontroller or discrete circuitry. If you use microcontroller, you must become familiar with the technique of sinusoidal PWM generation using digital method. If you choose discrete, you can use a bubba oscillator and summer or something like that with an opamp.

Then you need an L-C filter which will convert the digital SPWM to analogue sine wave which will run your output appliances.

Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

Added after 5 minutes:

Take a look at:
Code:
www.calvin.edu/~pribeiro/courses/engr332/Handouts/oscillators.pdf
[url]https://www.wpi.edu/Pubs/E-project/Available/E-project-042507-092653/unrestricted/MQP_D_1_2.pdf[/url]
http://www.ee.columbia.edu/~dvallancourt/E3390_Projects/SEM7-3390-20081211%20(Final%20Report)%20v4.pdf
You can also find plenty of links explaining digital SPWM.

Tahmid.

Hej Tahmid,
Super links, best thanks!:)
K.

Hi vedantam,
I dont have some problems with their_their are relative slow, but OK...
K.

sorry,
links are working fine, mistaken

Added after 52 minutes:

can anyone pls tell me which ic can be used to boost dc frm 110 to 170 volts

Reactions: ekong

ekong

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

Hello vedantam, i think you have all it take's now to start your construction,converting 110v-170v i dont think is a problem, all you need to do is to build an oscilator using SG3525 OR 3524 with very high freq to swich your ferrite core transformer with your mosfet,then rectified the out put with highfrequency rectifiers with your filtered output,using pwm technics;note number of turns ratio determine's your output voltage.

Added after 6 minutes:

Hi, dont forget to download SG3524 or 3525 datasheet it will help.

dear kabiru,
thanks for ur reply. i have seen 3524 it is used for pwm pulse generation.the problem is i am not using a transformer, some high current high-low side gate drive ics are used.

Hi,

You can use boost topology, although I wouldn't recommend it for reasons of safety. It's better to use ferrite transformer.

Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

hi tahmid, a PM was sent to you.

Re: thankyou

hi
thank you for the very important informaion
i like to ask you if you have information about the simulation of the dc-dc converter ( boos or buck)
i hope for you a good luck

hi all,
i divided total inverter section in to 2 parts
1. checking full bridge section
2. checking boost section

individual sections are working fine. i have to integrate them.

to generate 12 v or 15 v from 110 v dc can anybody tell me which ic can be used to generate 15 v dc output from 110 v dc input.

Hi vedantam, the same method used in converting 12v to 110v dc you are going to used but in this case the reverse is the case turn your ferrite transformer in opposite side and appy the same method.

i am not talking about bucking circuit voltage. i want 12v or 15 v dc for IC's power supply.

Hali,
From 110V DC you will find practically nothing as commercial IC...
You should build a switcher, DC (input) Bus is even the 110V DC + with one/two or even 3 output voltages for your benchtop / or simple IC suppling_ only, the switched outputs needs usual good filtering; especilally for analog circuits...
ST & PI (power integration) ha slot of such ICs, up to ca.20 Watts (if Im right) the FET is in DIP/SO8 integrated...
K.

Why cant you use DCtoDC converter i think it will better and more safe to get a regulated output.

Status
Not open for further replies.