Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

1:10 transformer usage with instrumentation amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

balaji selva

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
friends i tried to step up the output voltage of the amplifier but i was not able to step up via a 1:10 transformer...do i need to use any driver circuit in between instrumentation amplifier and transformer.please say soon.........

A very ambiguous request. No schematic, no part numbers for either the amplifier or transformer, no frequency range or amplitude requirements, no loading, no supply voltage.....

Instrumentation amplifiers may not have the required current drive to the input of transformer.Mention the instrumentation amplifier and transformer input impedance.

the amplifier used is based on AD620... frequency range is 200Hz....

We are still missing information.

For instance, what type of transformer? A common powerline 50/60 Hz transformer could have so much magnetizing current that it could overload the amplifier.
Also, does the waveform have any DC bias? If so, It will cause the transformer to saturate.
What is the load? You realize that a 1:10 transformer will reflect an impedance 1/100 of the actual load?

Status
Not open for further replies.