Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PC interface a Device that has a Ethernet TCP/IP RJ-11 cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

bakhtn

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
trying to open cash drawer via PC, the cash drawer has a ethernet RJ-11 cable coming out of it, and im trying to use my PCs ethernet port to open it. using my PCs PSU to power up the cash draw.

Hi. Im not an electronics expert so please bear with me. Im a software engineer and need help on the electronics side of things.

I have a cash drawer that has a RJ-11 cable coming out from it, this cable can be attached to a receipt printer RJ-11 port. when the printer prints a receipt, it sends a signal to the cash drawer via the cable which then ejects the cash drawer, which is great.

but I am trying to build a software that can do the same thing but instead of the cash drawer being attached to a printer, it will be attached to the PC via a NIC or modem / ethernet port that accepts RJ-11 connector.

Now I need to open the cash drawer via my PC. here is some more info about the cash draw:

the RJ-11 has 5 small wires, WHITE, BLACK, RED, GREEN, BLUE. these are then connected to a chip called "10A125-25VAC", then there are some wires that go into a small motor which turns to release a hatch to open the drawer.

on the back it says 12V, i think that we need a 12V signal.

Please can anyone tell me how I can eject my cash draw via my PC, or another piece of equipment that I can control via my computer to open the cash drawer.

Re: PC interface a Device that has a Ethernet TCP/IP RJ-11 c

first you need to measure what's in that rj-11
control signal
then if it's 0 to +5 vdc then you can use parallel port to drive this signal
note : use data port 888 because of its hoigh current

Re: PC interface a Device that has a Ethernet TCP/IP RJ-11 c

thank you for your advice, at the moment im going to order an interface device

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor