Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to get a output VOLTAGE SWING -2VDD to +2VDD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Athena

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
power amplifier 2vdd

hi all,

I want to have an output voltage -2VDD to +2VDD, where VDD is the power supply. The load impedance is 50 ohms. Can I use a source follower torealize it? I simulated but failed. Also for a power amplifier, the output swing usually from -VDD to +VDD. Is there any output stage available? Or the only way is to use a transformer?

Thank you very much!

Is my question confusing? Is there anyone can help me? Please!

I don't know if the charge pump can fulfill such requirement.

Thanks Mengly!

Can charge pump be integrated on chip? And will it work well at 3~5 GHz?

Thanks

use external push-pull configaration.
or build the switch mode supply on chip , requ. some capacitor.

Hi manish12,

As I know, push-pull output swing is from 0~VDD, if differential structure is used, output swing can reach -VDD~VDD. But can not meet the requirement. What does "switch mode supply" mean? Is it the same with charge pump? Thank you for futher explaination.

You need to tell us how much POWER is output, and details of the application.

Flash units for photography generate kilovolts of voltage from a 6 V battery, but with very little power, and at a very slow repetition rate.

Thanks biff44,

Actually I am learning the RFIC design course, and doing a small design project. I just wondering if the output voltage swing can be higher based on the cmos analog circuit.

I am sorry that I have no idea what the advantage of HIGH VOLTAGE SWING is, for a certain ouput power. The flash units you mentioned may be a good example. Could you please give the detailed information? I am curious if I can design a circuit that have high output voltage swing at high frequency (3~5GHz), CMOS, and integrated. Thank you all guys!

push pull with -vdd +vdd as power supply for push pull . thats it .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back