Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What kind of programmer for PIC should I start with?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cat87

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm kinda new to microcontrollers, but I really want to make some interesting projects with PICs. So if someone can give me some pointers on this, like what kind of programmer should I start off with (JDM or ICSP). I'll appreciate any advice you'll give me.
Thanks

Re: n00b

Hi

Even though I have dedicated my self to the AVR's i respect your choice for using the PIC controllers, however, AVR has a very good suport forum and freaky site where the contributors shares both knowledge and project source which in most cases should be transferable into the PIC world, offcourse not totaly since AVR is so much more than the PICs ;) , but you could get some ideas in here in both hw and sw. Many newbies in microcontrolling the world has had their childhood in here and have also later decided to live their grown up life with the rest of the AVR family. Okay, I shall not turn this topic into a discussion for which one is best, PIC or AVR, but as said, in most cases you can take a project dedicated for one controller and port it to another without that much of effort.

Avr freaks, the AVR community can be found right here: www.avrfreaks.net

This might not be the things you asked for, but once you are familiar with one controller, you know them all.

Best regards
Vidar (Z)

Status
Not open for further replies.