Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

BSIM3v3 PMOS model Pdiblc1 is negative?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jing

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
recommended range for bsim3v3

I have another warning in the output log.

"M1: 'Pdiblc1' = -186.723e-03 is negative"

M1 is a pmos. I checked the model file of pmos. Pdiblc1 is indeed set to such a number. The mos model is BSIM3v3. So Pdiblc1 is negative, is it normal?

pmos model

Jing said:
I have another warning in the output log.

"M1: 'Pdiblc1' = -186.723e-03 is negative"

M1 is a pmos. I checked the model file of pmos. Pdiblc1 is indeed set to such a number. The mos model is BSIM3v3. So Pdiblc1 is negative, is it normal?

The definition for Pdiblc1 is "first output resistance DIBL effect correction parameter" and the default value is 0.39- u can refer to bsim3v3 manual appendix.
In order to develop a model, we tweak our model to match measured data. A lot of parameter that need to be tweaked to match measured data. Sometimes the value of the parameter will fall outside the parameter range. It is very much depend on modeling guy who develop the model. I am not sure why your model has -ve value for Pdiblc1. Pdiblc1 is not a critical parameter. We only do a minor tweaking on this parameter. You should ask your foundry. I think they are using binning model.

Status
Not open for further replies.