Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me implement Enhancement step of FingerPrint

Status
Not open for further replies.

Truclam

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
help me

Hi all
I'm a newcomer in Image processing.
I've a project about FingerPrint this term but I've some confused in Enhancement step.I read many materials about it but I can't implement it into my project.I intent using Gabor filter or modified Gabor filter (I saw this report few days ago)
I also found out some source code written by Matlab in Internet but I can't find out it in C++.
Do anyone help me ?
or give me some advice.
Regard.

Re: help me

What does you mean?
for edge enhancement or de-noise or other enhancements?

Re: help me

Hi,
I'm not sure I can undestand what you said. In enhancement step, we need both edge enhacement and de-noise.
I need create constrast between ridge and valley before I binarize the image.However, filtering the noise out of image will make the better image before I binarize it.
I read many report about Gabor filter but I don't know how to implement it into C++.I also read the report of Raymon Thai but the formula is not explained clearly to intergrate it into my program.I see code written by C but I supprise that why It doesn't work.I can't find out its mistake (the author of this code said his code remain some mistake and it doesn't work) .
I also see some code written by Matlab but I don't good at Matlab so I can't understand it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back