Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] 555 Timer offset voltage circuit diagram

Status
Not open for further replies.

vikash23

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am trying to implement a sine wave generator for 5KHz, 7V pk-pk using 555 timer.

Using LTspice and online resources I did the following circuit.

I can able to achieve the 5KHz, 7V pk-pk after the capacitor C4. My aim is to do a zero offset of the signal and I have implemented the NE555 U3 circuit.

But I couldn't achieve it.

Do I need to use an op-amp and a negative voltage to achieve a zero offset of my output signal?

I have attached the image of my LT spice.. Green traces are from C4 out. Blue traces are from NE555 U3 out.

LTspice.jpg

No idea how 555 is supposed to work as analog buffer and level shifter. According to my knowledge output is a binary signal controlled by TRIG and THRS comparators.

You can use a DC restorer circuit as a simple way to restore your signal down to near DC. If you need a more precise shift, you will need to use an op-amp and a negative supply.

Attachments

• dc_res.png
    dc_res.png
    15.5 KB · Views: 159
Status
Not open for further replies.