Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Placing Low Voltage Device in High Voltage WELL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanketp20

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

If I place low voltage fet in high voltage well, will that device be considered as high voltage as well ?
For example:
Let's consider 5 volt to be high volt in 28nm TSMC process. and 1.2V to be low volt.
Now if I place 1.2V pmos in 5V NWELL, will the voltage on nets connected to that pmos also considered 5V nets and should I enforce 5V metal spacing DRC rules on those nets ?
I appreciate your guidance.

Thanks

If I place low voltage fet in high voltage well, will that device be considered as high voltage as well ?

Not at all! The voltage tolerance of a MOSFET is mainly determined by its gate oxide thickness, not by its bulk environment.
High voltage MOSFETs need thicker gate oxide.

So, layout designer should not even place low voltage device in HV well right and DRC should flag if they do that ?

Not neccessarily. It depends on your PDK. Try putting a LV device in a HV well and run DRC. Place it next to devices that already occupy the well and make sure you add the proper pins and/or markers that may be needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back