Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to include a file containing the definition of a cell in Cell Library

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vijay Vinay

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all,
I am using Cadence Virtuoso 0.6.1 b11hfc technology for designing my cherry hooper amplifier schematic design. While I try to use the instance "ind2" within the b11hfc Cell libray, I couldn't specify the corresponding inductor values (L values in specific). However, when I try to run the schematic without specifying any value for the inductor , I receive an error stating "The instance is referencing an undefined model or subcircuit, 'ind2'. Either include the file containing the definition of 'ind2', or define 'ind2' before running the simulation". How to either include the definition of a cell or define it? Please help me. Thanks in advance.

I presume you've instanced the 'ind2' symbol cell view in your schematic. For simulation you need the spice or spectre cell view, depending on your simulator. Check if the right cell view is available in your b11hfc Cell library.

For simulation, of course you have to specify the value for the inductor: in schematic, select the 'ind2' symbol, click 'g' to see its properties' menu, and there you should be able to insert the inductance value.

I don't know neither the Cadence Virtuoso 0.6.1 version nor the b11hfc library, so I just hope my hints might be useful for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back