Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Triangular and sinusoidal signal generator

Status
Not open for further replies.

bagineaniulia

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi!

I have to generate a triangular and a sinusoidal signal. I taught about using a Wien bridge oscillator for generating the sine wave, but I don't know how to convert it into a triangular one. Can it be done dirrectly or I have to transform it into a square wave first?

Usual lab function generators are taking the opposite approach. Generate triangle wave with integrator and Schmitt-trigger (two OPs), convert to sine with pulse shaping network. E.g. implemented in obsolete ICL8038.

A switched capacitor lowpass filter IC can produce a pure sinewave from even a squarewave. I made a 10-steps waveform with a logic counter and a switched capacitor lowpass filter IC smoothed it into a sinewave that is so pure that its low distortion is very hard to measure. I used a triangle waveform only one time to make pulse-width-modulation.

The XR2206 is another simple to use IC that generates square, triangle and sine waveforms.

It is also obsolete, but it can still be found on the web.

Hi ,

Generate the Pulse signal using 74HCT04 with R,C or 74HCT04 with C and crystal.Then pass this signal to single harmonic LPF to get sine wave .Pass the pulse signal to integrator to get the traingular waveform.

Status
Not open for further replies.