Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

explain about Spurs in system

Status
Not open for further replies.

eranbamani

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
someone can explain me about spurs ?
what is the good things and the bad about it?

tnx and good day.

there is an old song, "I've got spurs, that jingle jangle jingle". does that help?

Tuco: “There are two kinds of spurs, my friend. Those that come in by the door and those that come in by the window.” (The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly)

The good thing about spurs is that their existence keeps you busy (working hard to get rid of them).

Spur is unwanted mixing or modulation products. They usually always considered "bad".
Spurs on a LO will mix with unwanted incoming signals so that they may end up in your receivers pass band.
The same is true for a transmitter but the effect in that case is transmission in unwanted frequencies.

Tuco: RIP!!!

Spurs usually mean output signals that you did not expect, as opposed to Harmonic signals that you probably DID expect to be there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back