Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LTSPICE - How to import frequency vector from external file

Status
Not open for further replies.

zbiq

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello!

I have quite unusual task. I need to import long (over 1000 pints), nonuniform frequency vector from external file. I am doing some optimization algorithms with LTSPICE connected to MATLAB.

Anyway, right now (i.e. for three frequencies: 1Hz, 2Hz, 1GHz) I am doing something like this:
In .asc file I have simulation aparmeter set like this: '.AC lisr {FREQ}'. I am including file '.inc input.inc'. The file (input.inc) contains data like this: '.STEP PARAM FREQ lisr 1 2 1gig' and so on. But the simulator runs for three times in a row. So it takes time, if we spreed frequency vector to over 1000. I am of course running LTSPICE in background to speed up calculations.

So, I wanted to omit the line '.AC list' in .asc file and import '.inc input.inc'. The file (input.inc) now contains '.AC lis 1 2 1gig'. But simulator does not run and shows screen to type simulation cmd. So not this way...

I need a way to write a file (by MATLAB) with frequency vector. Then import this file to LTSPICE. Run simulation ONCE for the whole (imported) frequency vector. Can you help me?

Best regards :)
Mateusz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back