Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ADS Co-simulation Rectifier Circuit for RF Energy Harvesting

Status
Not open for further replies.

m.mansor10

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everybody,

I'm making an RF energy harvesting circuit using ADS schematic and Momentum Cosimulation.
First, I simulate the circuit using schematic then convert it into momentum to obtain the layout.
After that, I bring the layout to ADS schematic to attach the lumped components, Diodes and any other elements I'm using.
The question is when I compare both schematic results and co-stimulation results, it totally shows unmatched results, means I loss any matching in the circuit. I would like to make a tuning or optimization for the layout. I made the layout based on parameters then make tuning in schematic but it always shows an error message about the parameters changing.
Once sliding the parameter, the simulation immediately exit .
Anybody have advice, what I can do?

Schematic simulation and Momentum layout simulation result may be a slight mismatch but it should not be totally off. Check physical layout connection from the input port to output port using connectivity tool. Also, check substrate stack up. which version of ADS are you using?

I'm using ADS 2014,
Results are totally different in values, Attached is the layout and substrate stack

I checked connectivity and the circuit is appropriately connected

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back