Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Can't create smybol with verilog-a code in cadence

Status
Not open for further replies.

zongya

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I just start to learn verilog-a and want to create a voltage-controlled current source(vccs) in cadence virtuoso. I learned that cadence would check my syntax automatically and create the symbol if the code is OK. However, when I open a new cellview in verilog-a, I can't save the code, so I can't convert the code to symbol...

When I open the veriloga file it is like this -

1.png

Is it because I can open it with only "Read Veriloga"? When I create a new veriloga cellview, the only option is "Read verilog-a".

2.png

How can I edit and save the file? help...And thanks in advance!

- - - Updated - - -

UPDATE:
I found when I tried to open verilog-a, it showed me "*WARNING* (icLic-3) Could not get license Virtuoso_Schematic_Editor_L". But when I open a schematic cellview, it showed me the same warning and then "*INFO* (icLic-25) License Virtuoso_Schematic_Editor_XL ("95115") was used to run Schematics L."

That means I have license for Editor_XL. How can I tell cadence to open verilog-a with Editor_XL, not Editor_L?

I google it and found a post said

put it like this into your .cdsinit :

envSetVal("license" "VSELicenseCheckoutOrder" 'string "XL,L")

I opened .cdsinit file and it has many lines...where should i put this additional line??

UPDATE:

Problem solved. Just use <editor = "gedit"> in CIW without brackets, and reopen the veriloga cellview again... "gedit" can be any editor you like...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back