Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to model amplifier in awr micrwave office

Status
Not open for further replies.

saw86

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone I want to model avago tech atf series transistor in AWR MWO .I have s parameter of the transistor and my question 1 is
can I import impedance parameter of s parameter data to NL_AMP block or should I use LPTUNER for the modelling
second one is can we import impedance data LPtuner or not

thanks in advance

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    79.7 KB · Views: 125

NL_AMP is a ideal amplifier so input/output impedances are always 50 Ohm.

yeah I know but my question how caan I convert ideal NL_AMP to avago tech atf 54143 transistor

yeah I know but my question how caan I convert ideal NL_AMP to avago tech atf 54143 transistor

If you know nonlinear characteristics of ATF at certain frequency, you can replace these specs. ( Gain, IP2,IP3,NF etc. ) in NL_AMP block with ATFs numbers but it won't be replaced 100% beause you cannot touch internal impedances and other small signal parameters so this wouldn't be a 1 to 1 replacement.
Why don't you use nonlinear model of ATF ? It will give you all ( small signal and nonlinear both ) charateristics.If you are able to use ADS, download the design kit for ATF54143 and install it then open the sub-circuit schematic and create this sub-schematic with all linear and nonlinear elements on to AWR.So, this will be replica of ATF..
Or simply request from Avago Tech..

- - - Updated - - -

I did for you...

Attachments

• sub_circuit.pdf
    48.5 KB · Views: 162
Bigboss thanks man for your detailed help and I will consider ads software things

Bigboss thanks man for your detailed help and I will consider ads software things
Just a quick remark..
I have done some simple simulations in ADS, MWOffice and Nexxim and I have found pretty different results in 3 simulators even the bias conditions and other stuffs are exactly same.It was a very simple ideal A-Class small signal amplifier and the results are quite discrepanced in especially HB results.
So, creating a 1:1 replica in a different simulator may not work well.I guess the simulators interpret some models in different manners...
It seems to me weird..

ok I keep it in my mind thanks bigboss again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back